ALIMA is currently seeking interested candidates suitable for the position of a Assistant Finance Coordinator. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply successfully.
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Assistant Finance Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Line Manager: Finance Manager
Project: Abuja Coordination
Mission and Main Activities
- Mission monthly bookkeeping and accounting
- Posts all financial transactions into SAGA system on daily basis;
- Ensures that all payments are made on time.
- Follows up on bank transactions to ensure all are processed; files hardcopies and generates reports;
- Oversees the management of petty cash at coordination including bookkeeping
- Accounts for all petty cash expenditures and prepares replenishment requests when two-thirds of the money is spent.;
- Conducts regular controls of the operations of the cash, the book keeping and the filing systems.
- Track bounced-back salaries and make necessary adjustments and settlements;
- Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates these in hard copy for review by the Finance Manager.
ALIMA Financial Procedures & Policies
- Ensures that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
- Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
- Ensure proper filing of grants vouchers
- Collect all field vouchers from field
- Reviews transaction-supporting documents to ensure that all are complete and filed accordingly.
- Directly reporting to Finance Manager.
- Liaise with mission Liaise with Coordination log team.
- Liaise with HR Department.
- Interaction with suppliers, banking and financial institution service providers, tax offices and other national authorities or institutions with which ALIMA has working relationships for administrative and financial needs
- Monitors petty cash advance requests and ensures timely accountability
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA’s policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
You meet the following qualifications:
- BSc Accounting, Bachelor level Degree in Management, Finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV with colored pictures and qualifications with contact details all in the same files, to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title and the location as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 3rd May, 2023.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications will be taken into account.
- Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.