Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BISP Network Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Career level: Mid-Senior level
Purpose of the Job
- The role will be charged with providing support to the Head, Network Security in ensuring Network Security in line with the Bharti Information System Policy (BISP) relating to Networks.
- Ensure Compliance to Bharti Information Security Policy (BISP) as relates to network
- Implementation, Compliance and Controls of Networks related AAISP/ANgISP and ISO standards
- Work with network-managed services partners to ensure their compliance to BISP regarding Airtel Business.
Security of Physical Assets:
- Airtel network physical assets at MSC locations and data centers, working through Facilities of SCM.
- Physical cabling and device security within the core nodes working with MS partners and Networks Core team.
- Physical security of assets at sites, working through operations team and tower co-partners.
Deployment and maintenance of Security Systems:
- Ensure vulnerability assessment is performed on all Network Nodes and close all identified vulnerabilities in accordance with AA ISMS VA and PT Process.
- Enforce strict use of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) Platform and ensure all privilege access to critical Network Nodes are monitored
Educational Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Telecom or Electronics or equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years or more of work experience in the Telecoms environment
- Understanding of telecom NMS, OSS, billing and revenue assurance activities.
- Experience in GSM and WCDMA domains through telecom experience. LTE experience will be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Customer knowledge about internal as well as external customers and awareness of their situation and needs.
- General process knowledge.
- Business knowledge and financial awareness to ensure understanding of the implications of revenues.
- Ability to draw conclusions from complex technical data.
- Strong analytical capabilities and troubleshooting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need
Leave a Reply