Airtel Nigeria Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Lead, Market Regulation. Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Market Regulation
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Career level: Mid-Senior level
- To interface with the Telecoms Regulator and other relevant Regulatory Authorities for the purpose of ensuring the continuity of its licensed operations.
- To secure a regulatory framework that supports the business case.
- To manage risks and opportunities arising from the regulatory environment for the benefit of the company.
- Monitor and ensure business compliance with regulatory prescriptions.
Management of Regulatory Issues Including Provision of Advisory Support on Business Issues:
- Proffer timely advice on business activities with regulatory implications.
- Drive planned business strategy for the successful delivery of AOP target.
- Proactively identify and advise business on potential regulatory issues and commercial trends.
- Engage the NCC to ensure the maintenance of a level playing field and fair allocation of resources in the industry.
- Collaborate with other business functions in the development of business models and process development towards attainment of organizational goals.
Proactively Engage the NCC in The Development of Best Practice Policies, Regulations, Guidelines and Standards on Technical, Consumer Affairs, Competition, Universal Service and Market Evolution Issues:
- Coordinate and ensure acceptance of Airtel Nigeria’s input to key regulatory interventions by the NCC.
- Engage industry associations and motivate for their buy-in to Airtel Nigeria’s position on NCC driven regulatory interventions with the purpose of establishing a best practice regime.
- Proactively research and propose regulatory interventions for adoption by the NCC.
- Ensure that Airtel accesses the benefits of Nigeria’s USPF subsidy/interventions.
Design, Co-Ordinate and Manage Processes for Internal Compliance to Regulatory Prescriptions (Technical & Commercial):
- Define minimum service levels (SLA) for internal stakeholder compliance to regulatory prescriptions to ensure sanctions are not imposed against Airtel Nigeria.
- Drive end to end implementation of regulatory prescriptions to maximize business benefits.
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulations and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across functions to meet compliance requirements.
- Design internal processes for holistic evaluation of regulatory compliance levels and manage the process to ensure they are followed.
Regulatory Support to Internal Stakeholders:
- Process and obtain requisite approvals from the NCC for tariffs, products & services.
- Obtain Promo Approvals from relevant overlap regulatory authorities.
- Assurance of the fulfilment of responsibilities in relation to external liaison (CDR requests from security agencies and subscribers)
Advise on and Monitor Compliance with Terms of The Unified Service Access Licence (UASL), 3G, 4G, & 5G Licences, and Nigerian Communications Act, 2003, and Other Regulations Made Pursuant Thereto:
- Periodically scan the environment to identify risks and provide strategy for ameliorating same in respect to licenses held by Airtel.
- Develop and maintain beneficial relationships with strategic regulatory bodies to ensure sanctions are not imposed on Airtel.
- Develop and issue end to end processes to ensure license conditions are met.
- Co-ordinate Nigeria’s input to group strategy on renewal, modification and variation of existing licenses, where necessary.
Co-Ordinate Airtel’s Inputs to Periodic Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC), Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF) Interventions – Standards, Guidelines and Regulations:
- Research, develop and contribute to group position papers with a view to providing Nigeria sensitive inputs.
- Monitor and ensure achievement of defined group objectives as it relates to USPF.
- Provide guidance and ensure that necessary permits, licenses and concessions are obtained from overlap regulatory agencies in relation to lotteries/promotions.
- Collaborate with user functions to develop inputs and responses to regulatory interventions by overlap regulatory agencies.
Monitoring and Maintaining a Database of all Regulatory Compliance Activities:
- Define minimum service levels (SLA) for internal stakeholder compliance to NCC prescriptions to ensure sanctions are not imposed against Airtel.
- Develop and maintain a Regulatory Compliance Dashboard and Risk Register
- Collate and ensure timely submission of Group Compliance reports.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Engineering or Economics. Preferably a Law Degree.
- MBA or a higher degree in any of the above disciplines would be preferred additional qualification.
- Minimum of 8 years of varied experience in law, engineering or economics with ~ 6 years of relevant experience in Telecommunications field
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian telecoms industry, business environment.
- Previous employment with the Nigerian Communications Commission would be an added advantage.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Regulatory environment.
Skills critical to the role:
- Ability to deliver in a changing business environment.
- Ability to communicate and influence team direction without formal authority.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Like our Facebook page for direct updates
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Leave a Reply