African Union (AU) Job Recruitment 2022 – African Union (AU) is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) is a specialized technical institution of the African Union established to support public health initiatives of Member States and strengthen the capacity of their public health institutions to detect, prevent, control and respond quickly and effectively to disease threats.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Coordinator – Saving Lives and Livelihoods Programme
Locations: Abuja – Nigeria, Libreville – Gabon, Nairobi – Kenya, Lusaka – Zambia & Addis Ababa – Ethiopia
Supervisor: Primary – Head of Division – Disease Control and Prevention
Supervisor: Secondary – Technical Assistance Lead – Saving Lives and Livelihoods
Slot: 2 Openings per Location
- The National Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring operational and programme level KPIs are met at a country level.
- The National Coordinator will be overseeing 5-10 countries at once and will be the point of contact for engaging with the country coordinating bodies for vaccine roll-out programmes.
- Oversee country-level engagement and implementation of Africa CDC’s vaccine roll-out support Programme
- Provide technical and on-the-ground support to Member states which are overseen by the National Coordinator
- Track progress of programmes at country level and report to the Regional Programme Team Lead
- Activate and manage governance in line with the approved methodology and framework
- Provide support avice to facilitate decision making at a country level
- Develop country Programme Management Unit actions plan and work to achieve its objectives
- Refine the country engagement model based on learning from implementation of the Programme
- Prepare proposals, collaborative agreements and/or contracts for the engagement of new partners
- Represent Africa CDC in a professional manner, which creates a positive image and enhances the credibility of the organization
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Regional Programme Lead
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Sociology, Social development, Economics, Business Administration or other social sciences fields.
- Minimum of least 7 years’ experience with 3 years at a supervisory level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Sociology, Social development, Economics, Business Administration or other social sciences fields.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with 3 years at a supervisory level.
- Experience in planning, managing offices, project management, programs and portfolios
- Excellent diplomatic, representational, interpersonal and communication skills, including experience with successfully interacting with stakeholders and decision-makers in technical and other professional settings;
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills for organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation;
- Excellent technical writing skills, in addition to narrative and financial reporting skills;
- Skills in translating highly technical information into presentations, briefings and report and funding proposals for both technical and lay audiences;
- Excellent computer skills, including word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications, experience in using office software applications such as MS Excel, Power Point and Word;
- Leadership and management abilities.
- Pro-active and solutions oriented.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and with external actors.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team spirit.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a culturally diverse team
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient and flexible.
- Applicants must be proficient in at least one of the African Union working languages (English, French, Arabic or Portuguese).
- Knowledge of two or more of African Union working languages would be an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of three years, of which the first three months will be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453 (P3 Step 1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment of US$17,228.38 (46% of basic salary per annum), Housing allowance of US$22,932 per annum, Thus a total of US$77,613.38 per annum plus Gratuity of 15% of Gross salary per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
- All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Oxford HR. To apply for this post, applicants should click on the “Apply” button, complete our online application form, and submit their CV and Cover Letter in two different documents, which should be prepared before applying as they will be considered in the application process.
- The Cover Letter should be no more than two pages long and explain why they are interested in this post and how their skills and experience make them a good fit.
- The document should be saved in MS Word in the following format: Their First Name – Their Last Name – Document Name – Date (mmyy) (e.g., “Pat – Jones – CV – 062022 – AFENET” or “Pat – Jones – CoverLetter – 062022 – AFENET”)
- Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information, or would like to have an informal discussion, please email at: email@example.com in the first instance.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE