African Union Recruitment – Applications are being invited from competent applicants for the position of Certifying Officer. Anyone interested should read the guidelines and apply below.
African Union Recruitment 2023
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Certifying Officer (APRM)
Requisition ID: 1657
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Job Grade: P2
Contract Type: Regular
Reports to: Head of Finance
Organization: African Union
Directorate/Department/Organ: African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM)
Purpose of Job
- To provide technical support and advise in the management of financial services and the broader management of the APRM regarding budgeting and financial reporting and analysis.
- Provides technical assistance in the preparation and implementation of the programmes developed out of the Division’s strategic plan
- Liaises with APRM Member States and AU Policy organs on relevant matters as required
- Provides support in preparation and development of reports, budget and work programmes related to the respective area and the functioning of the Division
- Provides support in budget preparation for the Division/Unit in accordance with relevant frameworks.
- Assists in the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets as may be required.
- Provides support in development of strategies, policies, programmes and plan
- Supervises employees under his/her supervision with regard to organization and performance evaluation.
- Conducts analysis and generates accurate reports in a timely manner and for AU’s internal use.
- Liaises with the various Departments/Units of the Commission for coordination and alignment purposes
- Certify that the payments are legal, proper, accurate and complete before the actual payment.
- Verify that funds are allocated for each payment.
- Pre-audit all payrolls, claims and other financial transactions upon certification by the authorized person that the amount was due and unpaid according to the records.
- Reviewing receipts, adjustments and disbursement requests
- Establishing controls, using policy guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles, for the prevention of waste, fraud and mismanagement.
- To report to management any financial irregularities as required
- Verify that financing agreements with development partners comply with Financial Rules and Regulations and relevant policies
- Verify the quality and completeness of financial reports to all stakeholders.
- Review and validate the approval of the annual budget before loading it into the system.
- Certify that travel advances and retirement are accurate, complete and timely settled.
- Assisting in identifying, assessing, and monitoring risks and implementing the necessary controls to keep the risk exposure to an acceptable level.
- Controlling all expenditures to ensure that budget appropriations are not overspent.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management, Auditing, Accounting, or Commerce with 5 years progressive work experience in auditing, budgeting, accounting and financial management.
- A professional qualification in accounting such as CIA, CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent from a recognized Institution will be and added advantage.
- Experience of working in a certification, audit or inspection type (or related) role within public sector institutions or similar organizations nationally, regionally and/or internationally is desirable.
- Master’s Degree in Finance Management, Auditing or Accounting, or Commerce with 2 years’ progressive work experience in auditing, budgeting, accounting, and financial management.
- A professional qualification in accounting such as CIA, CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent from a recognized Institution will be and added advantage.
- Experience of working in a certification, audit or inspection type (or related) role within public sector institutions or similar organizations nationally, regionally and/or internationally is desirable
- Experience in working on ERP-SAP
- Knowledge of the finance standard practices, procedures and technicalities
- Ability to interpret and implement financial rules and policies
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills, report writing and presentation skills
- Planning, organizing and coordination skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Change Management
- Managing Risk.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Result
- Continuous Improvement Focus.
Tenure of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
28th March, 2023.
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Like our Facebook page for direct updates
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Be the first to comment