African Union (AU) is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Requisition ID: 987
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports to: Director-General
Directorate/Department: Office of the Director General
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Number of Positions: 1
Job Grade: P1
Contract Type: Regular
- To provide general office management and professional support for the effective and efficient running of the Office of the Director General (ODG).
- Provides administrative and professional support for the delivery of assignment in their respective area of work
- Facilities and implements activities and programs with reference to established policies and procedures.
- Provides support in following up on the activities of the ODG
- Conducts initial analysis and generates draft reports in a timely manner for the respective Office and AU’s internal use
- Provides support for the promotion of the activities of the ODG including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets and others as appropriate in collaboration with counterparts in Communication
- Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders
- Provides support to senior officers in setting the overall research direction of a relevant technical area.
- Participates in the organization of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
- Prepares draft briefs from engagement with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develops relationships as may be delegated
- Maintains the work schedule of the Office in general and the Supervisor in particular, prepare and share calendar in due time, to allow proper preparation for scheduled activities
- Analyses and maintains an overview of the ODG’s work to ensure that timely administrative and technical support is provided in general and specialized areas;
- Prepares plans related to the organization of meetings identified by the ODG, including coordination of invitations, confirmations, ticketing and accommodation for multiple participants for the Office; guide and coordinates efforts of the administrative support and registry staff on planned activities
- Leads and provides guidance to the administrative support staff of the ODG, to effectively channel incoming correspondences and enquiries, to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides oversight on matters related to facilities management (office space and equipment), activities linked to issues of security and protocol, finance, human resources, supply chain, security, conference management and other service providing departments as well as service providing bodies;
- Provides first hand technical and administrative support to the ODG in preparing draft budgets, work plans, summaries (on technical, finance and human resource related files) for the reference of the supervisor, to facilitate guidance, decisions and actions, as appropriate.
- Maintains special and confidential files and ensure adequate accessibility for the allowed users.
- Ensures that confidentiality of information and management records is guaranteed;
- Liaises with the administrative support personnel to ensure that meeting and correspondences outcomes is duly monitored and decisions implemented; provide timely report to the supervisor/concerned official; provide support in planning and executing next actions to realize expected outcomes.
- Prepares and participates in various departmental meetings and ensure that minutes and/or notes for review and endorsement by participants are timely prepared; review/edit and follow up on timely dispatch.
- Provides oversight on the activities of administrative support staff in relation to communications support to ensure timely responses to internal and/or external inquiries, coming through official correspondences, emails etc.
- Conducts research on topics related to the activities of the office or matters identified by the Management and members of the ODG, to facilitate activity implementation and decision making
- Provides support on the implementation and monitoring of budgets.
- Prepares office communication including but not limited to official memos, note verbale, analysis reports and summaries, draft presentations (as required) in connection with the activities carried out by the respective office.
- Provides support to Administrative Assistants and Secretaries whenever required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Program/Project Management or any related field from a recognized educational institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience in administration, office management and/or program management, with adequate exposure to secretarial and records management work.
- Experience in Office Management is mandatory.
- Experience in planning and coordination of meetings with various stakeholders is mandatory.
- Supervisory experience and work experience in SAP will be an added advantage.
- A higher qualification will be an added advantage
- Management and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and AU computer systems Power-point, infographics and dashboarding is required)
- Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural setting
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic or Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Data Collection and analysis skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, standards and operating systems
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for result
- Continuous improvement focus
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 25,523.00 (P1 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 26th September, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters