African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent.There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, PIAC.0
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50078451
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF. The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat(PSEG).
The Hiring Department:
- The Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption (PIAC) plays an integral role in achieving this mandate by protecting the Bank’s corporate image and reputation, and improving the continent’s investment climate through the deterrence, prevention and reduction of fraud, corruption, staff misconduct and other harmful practices within the Bank Group.
- PIAC has the overriding mandate developing preventive measures to reduce fraud and corruption in bank operations, to undertake unhindered investigations into allegations of corruption, fraud and other malpractices in Bank Group Financed Operations, conduct investigations into allegations of misconduct involving staff members of the Bank.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Data Analytics and Performance Officer and overall guidance and leadership of the Director, Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for procurement processes and payments and other administrative duties.
Within the Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption, the Administrative Assistant role is to:
- Ensure procurement, administrative and financial management duties of the department are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure timely processing of invoices and follow-up until beneficiaries receive payment.
- Provide general administrative support to the Office of Director PIAC and two (2) Divisions of PIAC.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager, the Administrative Assistant shall carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Administrative and Financial Management:
- Assist cost centre managers in the process of recruiting consultants and institutional procurement by ensuring that Bank rules, procedures and principles are respected;
- Initiate and monitor the procurement process for goods and services and any other departmental and external events in collaboration with Procurement, Accounting and Treasury Department
- Ensure timely processing of payments to eligible vendors for goods, services and consultancies procured on timely basis; bearing in mind compliance with Bank’s policies, guidelines and standards.
- Processing of staff missions’ advances and claims
- Arrange travel, visa and accommodation, arrange logistics for visitors, including external experts and consultants.
- Initiate and prepare administrative documents and forms, such as staff absences (annual leave, home leave, and maternity leave
- Handles internal and general public enquiries; screen telephone calls from within the bank and from external clients, organize and maintain electronic diaries and make follow-up on appointments.
- Take notes at meetings, write letters, and prepare minutes of meetings as may be required.
- Prepare documents, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets and presentation.
- Provide general administrative support for the department liaising with Procurement Department in respect of office accommodation, allocation of office furniture, equipment and supplies to the department.
Resource Management Support:
- Provide support on all issues related to resource planning and work program implementation.
- Hold at least a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance;
- A minimum of five (05) years of relevant work experience, preferably in finance and administrative role;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and manage challenges;
- Proven ability to work in a team / team player;
- Interpersonal skills with ability to relate with employees and management at all levels;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other. Proficiency in both languages is an asset;
- Competence in the use of the Bank’s standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- High degree of tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels;
- Results-Oriented, team player, demonstrated ability to work in multicultural environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different nationals and cultural backgrounds;
- Integrity and honesty;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information / Notice
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions (the post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment).
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG (link sends e-mail)
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications).
- In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever
Application Deadline 18th December, 2020.
How you will be updated regularly
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here