Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, formerly Ondo State University, was established in 1982 by an act of the Ondo State Government. The University relocated to its present site at Akungba-Akoko in 1999.
At present, it has a little over 20,000 students, 1,200 staff and seven Faculties – Agriculture, Arts, Education, Environmental Design and Management, Law, Science, and Social & Management Sciences.
Adekunle Ajasin University is determined to maintain and consolidate its reputation for delivering world-class scholarship, education and research, and wishes to continue playing a central role in the development of humanities in Nigeria, Ondo State and the local community. The University is thus currently engaged in major academic, social and infrastructural developments – all directed at producing globally – competitive graduates.
Applications are hereby invited from enthusiastic, innovative and versatile candidates to work with the Vice Chancellor on the ambitious and challenging tasks of consolidating and expanding the gains and achievements of the University by filling the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Akungba-Akoko, Ondo
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and Head of the University Library responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and co-ordination of Library services in the University.
Adekunle Ajasin University Job Recruitment Requirements
- A good Honours degree with at least Second Class (Lower Division) plus MLS/MLIS and Ph.D. In Library Science or Library and Information Science and must have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in an academic or research Library three (3) of which must have been spent as Deputy Librarian.
- The candidate must be ICT compliant and must have at least eighteen (18) recognised publications in reputable journals or other verifiable/recognised outlets with not more than two (2) of these publications as full length standard and recognised books or chapters In books, all of which must have been published with at least five (5) of these appearing after the last promotion. Six (6) of these publications must have appeared in reputable foreign outlets.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed for a single term of five (5) years.
- He/She must not be more than 60 years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
Remuneration and Conditions for Service
- The person appointed shall be placed on the Consolidated University Academic Staff Salary CONUASS 7 and shall enjoy other conditions of service applicable to the position of a Principal Officer of the University.
How to Apply for Adekunle Ajasin University Job Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 25 copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their certificates and relevant credentials.
Detailed curriculum vitae should include:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin / Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic / Professional Qualifications obtained with Dates
- List of Scholarly Publications
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present employment indicating current salary.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees who are competent to attest to their academic / professional and personal abilities.
Candidates should request their Referees to forward their reports directly to the University. Applications and Referees’ Reports should be forwarded to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Adekunle Ajasin University,
P.M.B. 001, Akungba-Akoko,
Application Deadline 29th October, 2020.
- Shell Nigeria Postgraduate Research Internship for University Students 2020/2021 – Register Now
- Register For MSME Survival Fund Registration 2020 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
- Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) Residency Training Programme 2020 – Register Now
- Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS) Recent Available Job Vacancy – See How to Apply
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2020/2021 Form Portal
- Sellafield Energy Resources Limited Recruitment Form portal
- Unilever Nigeria Plc recruitment Application Form Portal
- Microsoft Nigeria Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form Portal
How you will be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for FREE