ActionAid (AA) Nigeria Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Finance Advisor, Strategic Partnerships. Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Advisor, Strategic Partnerships for Agroecology and Climate Justice in West Africa (SPAC – West Africa)
Responsible to: Head of Finance
Line Management: None
- The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers for Strategic Partnerships for Agroecology and Climate Justice in West Africa (SPAC-West Africa) project.
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of AAN and partner organizations.
- Work with the Head of Finance on the financial planning processes of the long term (three-year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
- Provide overall finance and accounting work for the Strategic Partnerships for Agroecology and Climate Justice in West Africa (SPAC-West Africa) project, supporting and harmonizing financial reports of Nigeria, Liberia and Senegal (Nigeria at 60% of time and Liberia and Senegal at 40% of time)
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports as required by the project.
- Attend to project specific internal/external audit.
- Work with other members of the project team in planning and forecasting
- Follow through AA Nigeria communication procedures with donor and implementing partners.
- Strictly adhere to AA Nigeria policies and procedures and observance with agreement or donor Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Support Implementing partners organisations’ grant management process.
- Provide organizational development support to Implementing partnerorganisations.
- Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by the Head of Finance
- Provide financial support to fundraising and proposal writing for the organisation
- Monitor and review staff advances, retirements; and post hold journals
- Responsible for reconciliation of projects, bank accounts and other assigned ledgers
- Support AA Nigeria Month-end Procedures
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager and Management.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: Partners, donor, SPAC-West Africaand other stakeholders
Qualifications and Requirements
- First degree in Accounting / Finance.
- Relevant accounting professional certification. E.g., ICAN.
- At least five (5) years post NYSC experience in related finance position.
- Experience working on a multi-country project.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems
- Development sector experience as a finance person
Skills / Abilities:
- Sound practical knowledge of any accounting software and Spreadsheets
- Ability to work well with or without supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- High sense of integrity
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send as an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location eg: “Finance Advisor, Strategic Partnerships for Agroecology and Climate Justice in West Africa (SPAC-West Africa), Nigeria – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2023.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted or Scanned CVs will be disregarded.
- Applications from women and candidates from the Northeast and Northwest are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.