Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
Action Against Hunger Recruitment 2023
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capital Finance Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Entry Level
Proposed start date: March 2023
Reporting to: Capital Finance Officer
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Capital Finance Assistant who will be responsible for to verify and archiving of Abuja, Monguno, & Northwest finance source documents, provide support to the Finance team on internal and external audit, support in compliance and risk assessment, support the compilation of data for BFUs and budget development.
- Receive all hardcopies of accountancy supporting documents/files from Abuja, Monguno, & Northwest field office.
- Check that all invoices and their amounts are present as from their reception and the coherence with the accountancy in Saga.
- Check the nature of the document and its presentation (photocopy, original, pro forma, translation, date, signature, stamp, terms used, accuracy of calculations, etc.).
- Check to ensure all analytical codes, amounts and other details on supporting document corresponds with information on SAGA for all closed months.
- Collaborate with relevant persons to provide additional documentation/explanation for audit checks where necessary.
- Follow up on implementation of recommendations provided by auditors in review of subsequent month’s documentation.
- Identify and flag all compliance issues and possible financial risk that may arise from supporting documentations reviewed.
- Draft financial lines for new grants using the nomenclature file for the review of Finance Specialist.
- Export SAGA expenses per grant for bi-weekly BFU preparation.
- Prepare a report for progress of work done and feedback on issues identified to be shared with Abuja and field staff.
- Ensure all scanned supporting documents verified are archived on the E-archiving platform.
- Retrieval of all necessary documentation needed for spot checks and audits.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or relevant fields, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- A minimum of 1+ years previous experience with local or international NGOs;
- Basic knowledge of donor rules.
- Ability to manage and follow work plans.
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player).
- Experience in a non-governmental organization is preferred.
- Experience with donor-funded programs would be appreciated.
- Knowledge of Nigeria statutory rules and requirement.
- Organized with time management and planning skills.
- Sense of confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel;
Starting Basic Salary and Benefits
- NGN216,006 monthly (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st March, 2023.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters