Action Against Hunger Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Humanitarian Access & Security Head of Department. Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
Action Against Hunger Recruitment 2023
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Access & Security Head of Department
Locations: Maiduguri, Borno
Start Date: 01-06-2023
- Under the supervision of the Country Director, your role is to ensure the security and safety of our staff, activities and facilities.
- You act as a key advisor to the management teams, bringing up your technical expertise regarding context analysis, risk mitigations, strategy implementation and problem-solving.
Your Main Responsibilities are the following:
- Safety and Security Management Planning on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity. You have to evaluate, review and support the updating of the Security Risk Analysis, contingency plan and associated security management plans for ACF Nigeria. and contingency plans
- Develop Humanitarian Access Management through your relationship with local authorities, INGO and the UN
- Monitor, Analyse and Supervise through the weekly movement plan, monthly security reporting, security reports
- Security & Access Training and Orientation to all staff
- HR Management by the promotion of a strong team spirit and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions including staff development plans.
- Additional Responsibilities
Qualifications and Requirements
- You have an academic Degree and experience in the fields of Security, International Relations, Humanitarian Program Management or Logistics positions in volatile and stressful environments.
- You have demonstrated capabilities in planning, organizing and executing humanitarian security operations with a clear understanding of the humanitarian principles, code of conduct and specific sub-sector role linked to NGO field and operations contexts.
- You have excellent analytical, critical thinking and reporting skills, good communication skills and a good knowledge of various local, regional, country and international policies on safety and security. If you have knowledge of communications technology, including, satellite communications, cell phone mediums, etc, it is an advantage! It is even better if you already had experience with Action Against Hunger.
- You have very good proficiency in English (both verbal and written).
Security, Working and Living Conditions:
- The Nigerian security environment is volatile, especially in the Northeast and Northwest, where the mission is operating. Specific to the Northeast, the Non-State Armed Groups (NSAG) regular attacks on the military, government and humanitarian installations have made the majority of the locations inaccessible and the mission has prioritized the use of UNHAS choppers while completely banning its staff from using road transport. Moreover, international staff are allowed to stay in a few locations outside the main state capitals of Yobe and Borno.
- In the Northwest area of the country, abductions and killings have occurred regularly in the past against the mission and the mission has strict measures to be followed while in these locations.
Presentation of the Base:
- The Maiduguri base is the largest base on the mission, implementing humanitarian interventions of WASH, FSL, Nutrition and Health, and employing 140 staff. The base supports the Monguno and Damasak sub-bases. The guesthouse is comfortable for international staff, there is a curfew at 10:00 pm, and movements within Maiduguri town are not restricted but precautionary measures have been put in place.
- International staff currently are not allowed to spend the night in the sub-bases. Further, all staff movements outside Maiduguri Metropolitan Council/Jere are done only through UNHAS choppers, while movements outside the military trench in the field office require HQ approval. While security in Maiduguri is generally calm, there are conflicts in other parts of Borno and is considered unstable.
For National Staff :
- 12 months fixed term contract under Nigerian legislation
- Basic Salary: Starting from 1,175,742 Naira per month
- Rent allowance: 55,000 Naira per month
- Transportation allowance: 16,667 Naira per month
- Leave allowance: 10% of Basic Salary per month
- Pension: Employer contribution 10% of gross salary, Employee contribution 8% of gross salary
- Annual leave: 2 days per month
- Private health insurance: 100% health care coverage provided by the organization
- Private life assurance: 24/7 life assurance coverage provided by the organization
- Training: Free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies.
- Delocalised staff are entitled to 2 flight trips back to their state of origin per year (within Nigeria).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.