Action Against Hunger Recruitment 2022 for a FSL Assistant – Action Against Hunger is currently recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a FSL Assistant. Interested and qualified candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: FSL Assistant
Locations: Potiskum and Bade – Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: FSL Officer
Proposed start date: Subject to funding approval
Job Categorty: Operations
Level: Entry Level
- We are looking to fill the role of two FSL Assistant (based in Potiskum and Bade respectively) to implement FSL activities at the field level under SDC funded project mainly cash based food assistance and livelihoods activities including income generating activities, cash for work, VSLAs, Agroforestry / Agriculture amongst others.
- The role holder will work with the FSL officer and coordinate direct engagement with beneficiaries, vendors, local/community leaders, local government representative and other stakeholders.
Objective 1: Carry out activities related to cash transfer and other livelihood interventions at the community level:
- Facilitate community mobilization towards cash/voucher and livelihoods programs (income generating activities, Cash for work, VSLAs, Agroforestry/Agriculture among others) in targeted communities.
- Facilitate engagement and meetings with community and LGA level stakeholders towards achieving project objectives.
- Provide information to ensure accountability, fairness and transparency during implementation of activities.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of FSL activity planned with the support from the FSL officer.
- Support detailed work planning with inputs from field level knowledge and experience.
- Directly implement in the field, the activities defined in the program implementation plan under the supervision of FSL Officer.
- Facilitate trainings and other capacity building activities on relevant aspects of the interventions at the field level under the guidance of the FSL officer;
- Work with traditional and local authorities to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities for emergency food assistance.
Objective 2: Support the collection of information and data on the SDC projects at community level through surveys, assessments and regular post distribution monitoring:
- Collect information on regular basis to enable surveillance to ensure the SDC project implementation is achieving the expected result.
- Participate in the monitoring and supervision of vendors’ activities before and during disbursement to support beneficiaries’ transaction.
- Support the preparation of documentation required for the implementation of the program activities on the field.
- Work with the CRM to ensure proper documentation and timely resolution of complaints relating to SDC program.
- Collect and share information on new arrivals, or any relevant development in the intervention communities.
- Collect and document relevant information from the field to facilitate learning and inform key program decisions with the support of the FSL Officer.
- Support the M&E team in planning, collections and management of key program data such as price monitoring, proxy-update, etc.
- Support beneficiary registration by collecting accurate beneficiary data the right tools as may be assigned.
Objective 3: Community Mobilization and awareness creation on the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the community members, while acting as a link between AAH and the communities:
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilisation strategies for successful targeting and registration of beneficiaries for the cash & voucher based food assistance interventions.
- Implement sensitisation activities for targeted communities about organization and project objectives and activities with support from SEMA, IOM camp managers, Community Volunteers, traditional leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate good working relationship between AAH and other humanitarian actors through full participation in community/Ward level coordination.
- Ensure with the support of the FSL Officer that processes involved in providing assistance to the beneficiaries guarantees protection, and are gender sensitive and context appropriate.
- Support the verification of the beneficiaries to ensure the project reach only the most vulnerable households.
- Work with the community structures to ensure that targeting of beneficiaries for cash transfers and other assistance transparent, principled with active participation of women and minority members of communities.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task;
- The employee is also required to conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission staff regulations, mandate and charter including promotion of gender equality.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Development Studies and other related fields;
- Good knowledge of FSL and experience in advocacy;
- Good knowledge of implementing projects in insecure contexts.
- Experience in implementing food security and livelihood humanitarian project;
- Experience in supervisory position;
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN183,056 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 15th June, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE