Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job type: Full-time
Proposed start date: March 2023
Reporting to: Operations Support Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for Implementing HR policies and procedures of the Nigeria country office to ensure optimum HR performance and provide high-quality HR support to staff and programs.
- Implement staff regulations and related policies; proposing change when necessary, in order to ensure ongoing compliance with national labour laws. Any adjustment of existing HR policies will require prior discussion with the Head of HR and the Operations Support Coordinator at the country level, and ratification by the HQ HR Advisor;
- Assure that Action Against Hunger staff policies and procedures in addition to the Labor Laws of Nigeria are adhered to at the field level. Advise the Operations Support Coordinator and other managers on appropriate disciplinary action as situations arise;
- Check and approve Payroll data from the field before submitting it to the Payroll Specialist at the country level for approval;
- Provide advice and assistance with writing JDs, ensure that accurate JDs are in place, maintain a library of Base JDs, technical tests, and interview grids, and work with the coordination team to develop and review these tools;
- Compile monthly HR reports and submit a field HR sitrep to the Head of HR and the Operations Support Coordinator by a specific date every month;
- Compile completed appraisals, update the performance appraisal tracking sheet at the field level as well as the annual training plan database, and submit them to the Head of HR at the country level for analysis and action.
- Follow up on annual leave planning and execution;
- Implement the medical benefits policy: collect employee eligible dependent details and legal documents;
- Update the base-specific contract calendar and ensure that timely renewals and notices are received by all;
- Liaise with managers to initiate recruitment and ensure proper approval by HR and Finance;
- Review recruitment requests and job descriptions (JDs) to ensure they are in line with the mission staffing plan;
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, or Social Sciences, or related discipline preferred;
- Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Manager will be an added asset;
- At least 3 years of professional experience across all HR disciplines, including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution;
- Ability to work in a stressful environment, taking initiative & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented;
- Genuine interest in & commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team;
- Proven ability to model core HR values of confidentiality, fairness and discretion.
- Experience in Managing HOMERE software system;
- Must be comfortable explaining complex technical & procedural requirements in a non-technical manner;
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (high proficiency in Excel); comfortable working with computers with minimal IT support;
Starting Basic Salary and Benefit
- NGN 812,290 / Month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st February, 2023.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Like our Facebook page for direct updates
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Be the first to comment