9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Legal Services
- Oversees the activities of EMTS Legal department in proffering legal advice, legal support and solutions to EMTS to ensure that its operations are within the ambit of the law.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on litigation and dispute resolution matters to the business and relevant departments and develop and implement strategies to protect EMTS’s interests in internal and external disputes.
- Serve as principal point of legal advice to EMTS in the formulation and implementation of EMTS’s business, technical and commercial goals/objectives.
- Serve as a principal point of legal advice to EMTS in the implementation of its corporate compliance and governance policies.
- Ensure that prompt and qualitative legal support is provided to all relevant stakeholders in EMTS to ensure operational efficiency, risk protection and cost savings as applicable.
- Advise EMTS on local and international legal matters including any civil, criminal, contractual, telecom regulatory or labour laws that may affect EMTS’s activities or employees.
- Ensure effective case management strategy and adequate representation in Litigation matters involving EMTS.
- Draft and/or review proposed amendments to EMTS’ financial, technical, business, commercial and governance rules and associated documentation
- Propose professional, commercial and legal opinion management practices and procedures, to ensure consistent and prudent legal advice and action is provided to EMTS.
- Monitor and study the impact of new business, commercial, investment and finance laws, regulations and legislations that may affect EMTS’ business activities.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to EMTS’ activities
- Continuously review the unit/team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the organizational strategy.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of EMTS’ business, technical and commercial policies, procedures and regulations as directed by the Senior Management.
- Propose professional litigation and legal opinion management practices and procedures, to ensure consistent and prudent legal advice and action to protect EMTS interests.
- Monitor and study the impact of newlaws, regulations and legislation that may affect EMTS’s activities or employees and make recommendations to the Business.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversees the activities of EMTS legal unit.
- Oversee the drafting of all contracts between EMTS and various counterparties including vendors, suppliers, consultants and other service providers.
- Oversee and manage EMTS’ dispute resolution and litigation portfolio.
- Proffering legal advice, opinions and solutions to EMTS and relevant departments to ensure that its operations are within the ambit of the law.
- Review reports on all title verification/due diligence and make recommendation to the Business on suitability or otherwise and ensure proper documentation for property or site leases/acquisition.
- Liaise with the Regulatory and Corporate Affairs department to prepare and review regulatory dispute resolution submissions.
- Oversee development and maintenance of a database of all business commercial, and financial legal documents and other related documentation.
- Implement the unit’s work programs and plan in line with agreed procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimize morale and performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objects.
- Monitor and control the budgetary and financial directives of the business.
- Prepare and compile agreed periodic activities and performance reports for the attention of Executive Director and or Senior Management.
- Advice EMTS’ management on legal matters and relating to compliance and governance.
- First degree in Law.
- Nine (9) to twelve (12) years relevant work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Telecoms Regulations
- Legislation and Compliance
- Legal Contract Drafting
- Litigation management
- Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution
- Effective communication &Collaboration
- Critical thinking & Decision Making
- Leadership and People Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply