9mobile is Recruiting – IT Security Operations Specialist: Applications are invited from all interested persons. See below for all you need to know; the requirements, application closing date, and how to apply.
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Security Operations Specialist
Job ID: IRC5205
- Analyze EMTS information security operations environment and recommend security measures to safeguard valuable enterprise information assets.
- The role will work in close partnership with the security teams within supplier organizations, Infrastructure Operations, Network Operations and Applications teams to provide a view into the security posture of 9mobile through comprehensive security reports.
- This individual will also ensure compliance to EMTS security policies, processes and procedures.
- Work with IT partners to ensure that 9mobile is protected from security threats and vulnerabilities by ensuring that all security management and monitoring platforms are performing optimally.
- Drive the remediation effort to closeout all audit exceptions raised by Internal Audit during any IT security audit exercises.
- Collaborate with EMTS business units and other risk management/assurance functions to identify security requirements/security risks associated with ongoing/new projects. Implement these strategies and plans to meet these requirements and plans to mitigate identified risks throughout the project life cycles.
- Perform vulnerability assessments to identify control weaknesses, assess the effectiveness of existing controls and recommend remedial action to curtail identified weaknesses
- Assess and validate information security provisions in new application developments or projects, ensuring controls are in line with corporate guidelines
- Participate in the development of information security processes and ensure that security controls and procedures in agreed service-level agreements (SLAs) are managed and maintained.
- Assist in defining security configuration baselines, drafting IT security policies and security operations standards for security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances, and host-based security systems.
- Manage technical assessments of the major information security subsystems in accordance with established policy and best practice guidelines, checking for compliance with the systems, policies, and procedures and driving remediation where non-compliance exists.
- Investigate computer security incidents, and recommend corrective actions.
- Carry out other duties as instructed by the Manager, Security Operations and Head, Information Risk Management
- Coordinate security investigations, forensic investigations and compliance reviews as requested by internal or external auditors.
- Provide support in implementing new or updated information security technologies.
- Research and assess new threats and security alerts and recommends remedial action.
- Responsible for the implementation of Information Security Education/Awareness strategy and the propagation of the same among all staff of 9mobile using existing communication channels or proposing new ones
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic or Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering or Numerate discipline.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Three (3) to Five (5) years work experience with at least 3 years experience in at least two IT disciplines, including technical infrastructure, application development, middleware, database management, and operations.
- Relevant Enterprise Information Security and Architecture Certifications are required e.g. CISA, CISSP, CCNA, CCSP, ITIL, COBIT etc.
- Experience in computer forensics, information warfare, cybercrime, etc. is desirable.
- Good understanding of Information Security standards e.g. ISO27001.
- Experience in Project Management and Business Process management is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date